Skip to content
Which Vehicles you can import into Trinidad and Tobago
- Individuals can import 1 vehicle every 3 years.
- Individuals must personally do everything without assistance from a Register Dealer.
- Vehicle cannot be more than 4 years old.
- An individual or a dealer is not allowed to import a used diesel vehicle. New diesel vehicle may be imported without any restriction
- Must have Deregistration Certificate.
- Deregistration Certificate must have Engine and Chassis numbers, manufacturing date and correct mileage of the imported vehicle
- Must be structurely sound and meet enviornment standards.
- Must have Ozone-Friendly AC.
- Vehicle with prior registration must be roadworthy
- When selling imported vehicles, dealers must put in government specified minimum Terms and Conditions into written sales agreement
- Used Right Hand Drive Vehicles cannnot be imported without an import license. New diesel and petrol (Gasoline) vehicles can be imported without an import license
- If you are importing commercial goods, you must hire a Customs Broker to fill out the required documentation.